The consortium is composed of the following partners:
The work-plan aims at establishing a dynamic and effective Mediterranean dialogue among the relevant stakeholders, national-international institutions and society to share common knowledge and perspectives in water policy evaluation at case-study level, and the development of a generalised evaluation method in policy evaluation possibly usable in other countries and conditions.. The work-plan has been designed and structured in order to meet with the above targets through a plan of 5 interlocked Work Packages (WP2, WP3, WP4, WP5, WP6). WP1 is addressed to project management.The methodology is centred on the following main principles:
- evaluating policy through a kind “reverse process”, starting from the analysis and assessment of the implementation of policy tools in the water sector: programmes, projects, actions. The methodology is case-study driven. Representative case-studies are selected in Spain, Lebanon and Morocco, where important and relevant policy tools are or have been implemented. A description of each site is given in WP5.
- need of sharing a common method of evaluation of water policies encompassing all the dimensions of sustainability and taking into account the perspectives of different stakeholders, users and communities;
- testing of the method at local level;
- need of building common knowledge of lessons learned and extraction of variables and indicators usable for the evaluation of water policies implementation;
- the need of carrying out the evaluation process on a full participatory and public dialogue base, involving stakeholders, policy and decision makers, users, citizens and communities at the case study level;
- the need of evaluating policy tool implementation with the use of an external field of sustainability criteria (involving economic, social, environmental, institutional dimensions) to which the local multi-stakeholder Fora will refer for the deliberation of own frame of variables, goals and indicators for policy evaluation;
- the need of developing a method of policy evaluation in the Mediterranean, starting from specific case-study, and integrate the method in the Euro-Mediterranean dimension.